Marlies Wolters * Dutch / The Netherlands * 30-Something * World Traveler / Digital nomad * Experienced PADI IDC Staff Instructor * 1500+ dives / 50+ countries * Degrees in Leisure Management & International Business (MBA) * Small camera - big passion for SCUBA diving!
How my SCUBA adventure startedThis diving adventure started with a try dive in a swimming pool in The Netherlands about 10 years ago and I just loved the feeling of being weightless underwater! After the first 100 dives in the cold and often murky waters in The Netherlands I got my first 'proper' clear and warm water dive on Mallorca - that was the tipping point - my passion was born! Course after course I did to become a Dive Master to work in tropical waters! Hawaii, Thailand, Maldives, The Philippines and Indonesia are countries where I worked as a dive professional. On the other hand I still love diving and teaching in The Netherlands as well! Just keep swimming! :)
Why this blog?Let me inspire you with dive education and travel with marine conservation as common thread!
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we are taught." (Baba Dioum)
Places on my bucket list
- Galapagos (Wolf and Darwin's Arch)
- South Pacific (Palau and Rangiroa)
- Micronesia (Yap)
- Maldives (Southern Atolls)
Marine life on my bucket listLet's just say 'everything', but these things will make me really happy!
- Blue Dragon (Glaucus atlanticus)
- Leafy seadragon (Phycodurus eques)
- Mass coral spawning
- Ocean sunfish (Mola mola)
- Marine iguana / Galagapos Lizard (Amblyrhynchus cristatus)
- Harlequin Shrimp (Hymenocera elegans)
- Sea lion
- Dugong / Sea Cow (Dugong dugon)
- and many many many colorful nudibranches in amazing shapes! :)